Wow am I tired tonight. The combination from stress from Connor being sick, sleeping on his floor..or spare room bed with him kicking and flailing about all night, and then last night staying up until 2 am working on a 750 piece jigsaw puzzle are starting to catch up to me (I know..I know..the puzzle was just dumb, but seriously I can't stop once I sit down and start working on it, it's a problem, and now I have done all the fun stuff and all that is left is a bunch of black sky)
Things have started to get back to normal though (yay!). Connor started feeling a lot better at almost exactly 24 hours after the antibiotic shot (which by the way...NEVER volunteer your children to receive unless absolutely necessary, that's one brutal shot with an enormous needle to the buttox area..my Connor is very brave with needles and cried, screamed, and walked like he was wearing a splint on his leg the rest of the day). I really felt that after that shot, he deserved to feel better far before the 24 hour mark..but sadly no, however he seems to be over the hump now. His glands are still really swollen, and eating/drinking is still somewhat challenging, but no more fevers, or throwing up..so I am very grateful. It was so good to see him out of his pajamas today, freshly bathed..wanting to play, and irritating his brother. He actually begged me to let him go to his final swim lesson today, which I of course rejected, but it was great he felt that good anyway.
Eric's brother Uncle Edmund was passing through town..so we also got to spend some time with him. I made Aunt Betty's famous lemon cake to celebrate Edmund's recently passed Bday, and he took Connor up to Target while Ethan and I were at swim so that he could let Connor pick something out for his. I love watching Edmund interact with the boys. He of course comes to see us too, but he is really all about the boys. Ethan loves how rough Edmund will play with him, and Connor will only attempt to play that way for a short period..so it was nice that he took Connor off by himself to get to relate one on one with Connor too. He is really excited to get to spend more time with them in CA..and I just feel blessed to have such good family on both sides who truly love my boys. Connor actually thanked me at bedtime for all that his Dad and I do "to make his life special"...my sweet boy. He is resting soundly, and now so will I!
No comments:
Post a Comment