P has to present to a team in Asia via teleconference Sunday night so the weekend has been chopped up a bit to accommodate his need to plan and put together his materials. However, I think we were able to make him feel celebrated all weekend long just the same.
Saturday was spent hanging out and playing with The Boy. He's learning to walk. He's still holding onto things for balance but he's letting go for seconds at a time and just hovering. We decided it was time to try the push truck we'd given him for his birthday again. A month ago it moved too fast for him and he wasn't able to keep his balance on it. Yesterday, however, he was a walking / pushing machine. He loved it! He did several laps of the living room and squealed, "Eeeeee," with each lap. And he was grinning from ear to ear.
Saturday night I suggested we go out for sushi. P was stunned but eager to take me up on the offer. He loves sushi and I've only gone with him once about seven years ago...it's not my thing. At all. The restaurant was quaint and the staff were very friendly. They had a selection of cooked menu items as well so it worked out really well for all three of us. The Boy and I especially enjoyed the salty edamame.
This morning The Boy and I brought P breakfast in bed and the remainder of the day was spent playing indoors with The Boy (It's STILL raining here. Ugh.) and knocking things off of our honey-do lists.
All in all a nice Father's Day weekend...
I'm so glad that you had a good fathers day weekend! I'm even more excited that we got to hear about it..... great job on the blog! I finally figured it out and am up and running (I think anyways. =)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you all spoiled "P" rotten (that is quite a mammoth service of raw fish there (ugh!). It's crazy to see picture of Caleb walking (assisted but still).
ReplyDeleteI am counting the seconds until I see this walking. He looks so cute. The Father's Day weekend sounds like a real treasure. Sure hope The Boy doesn't eat raw fish...oh dear!
ReplyDeleteThat padding around the fireplace leaves a residue that you will have, THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. I'm just saying........
ReplyDeletere: the padding. i know. the previous owners had it stuck on everything. i've resisted it for a couple months now but P is a nervous wreck about the brick hearth. better to have sticky and put his mind at ease than have him hover for the next 10 years...he'll still hover, just maybe not over the hearth.
ReplyDelete