Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My little caretaker.....

I realize that I am going to be the first one to post with out a picture to attach, and although that bothers me, I don't want to not post because I don't have one. =) Yesterday was my first day on Mommy duty all by myself since the surgery. It was exciting in a way (it's nice to feel needed) and terrifying in another. I was sure that I could manage all the daily stuff, just not sure if something would come up I would have to push myself too far to do?? Isaac has just been so understanding of all of this and it just amazes me though. He asks every morning "is your tummy all better mommy?" I was sitting on the fireplace playing trucks with him (this is his favorite place to play) yesterday and he told me to go sit on the couch. I thought that he was just being bossy and wanted me out of his way, but it sounded nice, so I agreed. I plopped on the couch in my regular spot and he went and got the footstool and pushed it across the floor right where I needed it. He then lifted my legs one by one onto the footstool and covered me with my favorite blanket........ I realized after that that this is the position he has seen me in most over the past week and wanted me to be comfy. I love to sit there because I can see him play and be a part of his day without moving around. It was just a really sweet moment to have a 2 year old take care of his mommy.....

4 comments:

  1. See this is why this blog is a good idea. I talked to you 2 or 3 times yesterday and you never told me the story about him asking about your tummy. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so sweet. What a blessing your precious little boy is. I am so glad that you are feeling better and stronger. I too am so happy about the blog...I feel it is a treasure to hear about all of the Foxes in the den.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, so sweet! empathy at two years old! awesome job, mama!

    ReplyDelete