Friday, June 18, 2010

Little Reader


Today was a rather routine day. However, if I wait for something unusual or out of the ordinary to happen before I start writing, I'll never write. I've been waiting for something blog worthy to happen for weeks now and I've finally decided that maybe the little moments are the moments I should be writing about anyway. So, here it is, the first official post.

Today The Boy and I rushed out the door for a dentist's appointment only to be called and told, while in route, that the office needed to reschedule the appointment. Hmm, what to do? We're all dressed up and out and about at 8 am...how often does this happen? Never, it never happens. Going home sounded lame. Neither of us were hungry though and it was too early to shop and too cold to play outdoors. So we did what anyone else in our situation would do, we went to the grocery store and wandered the aisles, and threw stuff in our cart, and looked at the balloons, and chewed on random packages, and talked to the really, really friendly workers. The Boy is a big hit at Safeway...he had people falling all over him and he loved it. He knows how to put on a good show too...coy little smile and slightly downcast eyes, then a "hi" or "bye" as his mark walks away. Gets them rolling back to coo at him every single time.

The rest of the day was spent as most of them are: playing, reading, eating, napping, luring the dog closer with cheerios only to torture her by petting her, bathing and at last sleeping. As you can see from the photos, he loves his books, or as he says, "boo." He'll spend minutes a day rifling through the pages looking at the pictures. You know it's a good story when you catch him licking it, um, which is always. 

New word this week: sheeeeze (cheese). The Boy loves him some sheeze.



2 comments:

  1. Mama Fox this is just wonderful. What a treasure. It does help me to feel like I am a little closer. I love it so much. Yes...I am there WITH you now. And it is so true...your ordinary moments are the melodies that make my heart sing and shout for joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Keyla for starting this. Caleb is getting a dictionary from Grammy real soon.

    ReplyDelete