Tuesday, June 22, 2010
The Monster Mash
The Boy is a truck walking/pushing machine. Before the day was over, he made about twenty-five laps around the first floor of the house. I was initially concerned he would not be able to manage the wood floors, I thought the truck would roll too fast, but he kept up with it just fine. He just double-timed his zombie walk when the cart started to speed up. He spreads his legs wide and throws them out from the hips; his knees don't seem to bend at all yet when he walks...it reminds me of a zombie walk. So cute. He yammered on as we strolled around and he developed a little routine. Each time we passed the black, shiny refrigerator he had to let go of the truck, put his hands on the fridge and stare at his own distorted reflection, sometimes licking it for good measure. We also had to stop at the staircase so he could point up at the dog on the middle landing and say "Daw!," as I repeated, "Yes, that's the dog, good job!" I am old and The Boy and truck are short...walking around the house hunched over managing the steering wheel became uncomfortable around the, oh, let's say second lap. I ended up attaching a belt to the handle bar so that I could steer a little without cramping up or cramping his style. It worked out well for both of us.
This evening we met daddy at a local Mexican restaurant for a quick dinner. The Boy enjoyed feeding himself the rice. He enjoyed dropping it piece by piece onto the floor even better. We left a generous tip as we exited the building.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I realize there is a clean tray from home on the table but did you ever think you would see the day you just throw food on a table for a loved one of your's to eat? I think you probably had to wrestle with your squeamish demon before you did that the first time. Welcome to the motherHOOD. Grammy
ReplyDeleteKiki...thank you so much for all of this...it is priceless. I love hearing every story and seeing each picture. If only I could take wing and arrive TODAY to see and hear all of this. This is like being 5 years old and waiting for Christmas.
ReplyDeleteIt is so crazy to see him walk! And good job with the belt thing..... I know I got huge back aches from those push toys (and I didn't even have to bend that far =).
ReplyDeleteI like to go back serveral times a day and look at the pictures again and guess what I noticed this time? The Boy's pant legs are rolled up! Do you have any idea how much flack I have received thru the years for doing the very same thing? You are officially NOT COOL anymore.
ReplyDeleteSmug Grammy
the boy has short legs! his pants wrap around his feet and trip him up or he steps on them in such a way as to pull them down and then he's got low riding, too long of pants. cool vs practical...i've always been a practical girl.
ReplyDeleteand are you rolling YOUR pant legs up or the grandkids...? that may factor into your uncool status...just sayin'. :)
Oh no my deary it is when I roll the grandkids pant legs up. It's either that or they say I pull the waist up too high and all I am trying to do is stop that whole tripping/stepping on pant legs scenario that you just described. Sorry, you are still not cool by definition.
ReplyDelete